Sunday, 01 October 2006 15:25
Homeroom Parents serve an important role as the interface between the PTO and the class. The Homeroom Parent is there to assist whenever possible and should coordinate needs with the teacher.
Duties of the Homeroom Parent
- At lease one Homeroom Parent must attend PTO meetings or find a class representative to attend and take notes.
- Organize class parties, which consist of Halloween, Christmas, and Valentines Day. You are responsible for providing drinks, snacks, favors and possibly a game (confer with the teacher). Please be considerate of the teachers schedule when setting up for parties. Also, its a good idea to check with the school nurse for your homeroom to see if any children may be allergic to any type of food. This is helpful when planning parties.
- Any classes with new students, we have packets available for those families to help acclimate them to our school and activates.
- Help with PTO functions throughout the year.
- Attend any or all field trips when needed. Assist the classroom with any special projects (if needed). Teachers will let you know. You can get a parent volunteer to take your place anytime you are unable to attend.
- Make phone calls to other parents when needed. The class list is made available to homeroom parents.
- Attend the Central Advisory Committee meetings if interested. Parents from all the Schalmont schools and some Board Members come and discuss and share ideas concerning the schools.
We divide up the kitchen duties for special school events throughout the year.
When its your turn:
- Kindergarten Fall Auction (2 people are needed)
- 1st Holiday Concert (Held at High School) (4-6 people are needed)
- 2nd Spring Concert (1-2 people are needed)
- 3rd Fun Fair (4-6 people are needed)
- 4th 5th Grade Graduation (3 people are needed)
- 5th Open House (2-3 people are needed)
The treasurer will reimburse any purchases. Please save receipts.
- Check PTO closet for needed supplies (cups, napkins, coffee, sugar, creamer, spoons, etc
). Hannaford and Price Chopper provide us with cups and napkins.
- Make coffee (if needed)
- Purchase soft drinks (if needed)
- Purchase snacks (if needed)
New ideas are always welcome
Campbell Product Labels
Our school collects various Campbell Labels (a list will be provided). Please place a large box in your class for this collection. Labels should be cut and counted in 10s at least ever 2 months, and given to Mrs. Wolberg, the school nurse. We have a school goal each year and Mrs. Wolberg will record on a chart. A party will be given at the end of the year of the childrens support.
Last Updated on Sunday, 01 October 2006 15:53